Sunday, June 06, 2010

Zuckerberg Has Stature

Mark Zuckerberg Facebook SXSWi 2008 KeynoteImage by deneyterrio via Flickr
The Hoodie
D8 Conference Speakers

Mark Zuckerberg is the Steve Jobs for his generation. 10 years from now he is still going to be CEO of Facebook, and he is still going to be doing wonderful things. The Facebook of today is the Mac computer. He still has the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad in him somewhere.

I admit to totally having missed out on the brouhaha surrounding him and his company the past few weeks. One reason might be because my privacy settings on Facebook have been set to Everyone for a long, long time. I have hundreds of friend requests from people I don't know. I did that for them. If you want to take a look at my pictures of New York City, be my guest. On the other hand I have one photo album that I have shared with only three people.

Larry Ellison
Larry Ellison's 1995 Network Computer Vision

Yesterday I added the Like button to my three blogs. I have been meaning to do that since the Facebook F8 Conference. I would like to see that Like button next to every article I read on the web. Before this button I had to bring articles of interest to me that I wanted to share into my stream using clumsy techniques. It felt like trying to blog on the Geocities platform. Having the Open Graph feels like having access to the Blogger platform, finally. I really like the Like button. Is there a button for that I can click on?

Why Will Facebook Itself Not Do Facebook Enterprise
Facebook And Twitter Suck When It Comes To Searching Their Own Sites
Time, Facebook Connect, And Comments
Tweets And Facebook Updates: The Mumbojumbo
The FriendFeed, Facebook Merger
Facebook Landgrab: A Friday Midnight Call
Facebook And Mashable: Social Media And Social Media Blog
Is Google Wave Social Enough To Challenge Facebook, Twitter?
Facebook's Ad Space Is Different
Facebook Faceoff Firefox
Fractals: Apple, Windows 95, Netscape, Google, Facebook, Twitter
What Should Facebook Do
TweetDeck, Power Twitter, Twitter Globe, Better Than Facebook
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: